Tuesday, July 3, 2007

WHY !

Someone please tell me why marriage exists! Men and women think totally different and we are expected to live together in peace for all of our adult life. WTF ! Sometimes I would much rather be in a maximum security prison than to be married. It is pretty much the same thing. At least in prison I could shank someone if they piss me off!
.
.
Reason for this rant: This weekend "the wife" and I were shopping for a new mattress, couch and love seat. We had already looked at a few places the previous weekend and during the week. So I found that Macy's had a nice couch online and I wanted to see it in person, and also they had a big mattress sale going on also. So we dropped by one furniture store, and we kinda like their sofa, and we go to the nearby mall and go to Macy's. We look at mattresses for about 45 minutes then we see the sofa that was online, but it is too dark. I see a sofa that is on clearance and I mention it to her. She looks at it, and she likes it. So we get the sales lady to check the price because the clearance price is not on it anymore. She gives us the price, and we talk about it and decide to buy the sofa and the love seat, but we want a new one from the warehouse because this one was pretty beat up. On the tag it says to sale warehouse stock before selling the floor model. We ask her to check to see if they have any more in stock and how much the total would be for the sofa and love seat. She checks the computer and says they have 14 in the warehouse and the total price. So we talk about it some more and we tell her to write it up. She starts to input it into the computer and she says that they are out of the sofa. So we are like "You said that you had 14 in the warehouse!", and she said oh, I was talking about the love seat only, it showed only 1 sofa, and I guess someone has bought it since I checked. So, we are pissed and need to go to another store in the mall. (I get over it, and move on) I get yelled at because I didn't stand up for us because she told us the wrong information, and that I should have asked to talk to a manager to get him to get one sent from another regions warehouse. ___ W. T. F. !!!!! How in the F#$k is that my fault. They cannot just ship a "clearance item" from another region just because a item is sold out. We went back and forth about this for about an hour. I just don't get it! Was I suppose to gut the sales lady and impale her on a pole because they sold out of the sofa ?!

A couple hours later, I "the abused husband that I am" call a few other stores to see if they have the floor sample sofa in good condition. One store has one and she says it is in great condition. So I drive down to look at it and to buy it if it is in good condition. It's not. It has scratches on the leather. I found out that the leather is a Full-Grain leather is easily scratched, and that is not what we need with a knuckle-headed 199% boy! So, after all that, it was best that we didn't buy the sofa anyway!

My point is why would it be my fault for "not standing up for us" when a clearance item was sold out. I can't MAKE them build one for us !

I will close my rant with this definition.

Psychopath is currently defined in psychiatry and clinical psychology as a condition characterized by lack of empathy or conscience, and poor impulse control or manipulative behaviors. It is a term derived from the Greek psyche (soul, breath hence mind) and pathos (to suffer), and was once used to denote any form of mental illness.

1 comment:

MerrittTimes said...

You don't understand? Roland... you are her knight in shining armor. Since there are no real dragon's to slay you should at least be able to take out a sales woman who won't let your wife have the couch she wanted. Tell Marcia I understand. The lady should at least be walking with a limp.