Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Adventures of Tyrone Villa - Honey Do Ranch

Adventures of Tyrone Villa - Bob Villa's illegitimate Son
Episode: Honey Do Ranch. . . Yeppie ki yay, motherlovers !

Hey all...


This past Friday I took the day off. I went to see Transformers. It was OK, but not great. Had potential to be great, but they made it too kid friendly. Anywho... when I got home "aka - HoneyDo Ranch" I had tons of stuff to do.



I put up a new light fixture at the top of the stairs and a new wall sconce in the hallway from the garage. I also took down the old ceiling fan in the master bedroom and put up a new fan. (More on that later) I fixed the recently installed ceiling fans in the upstairs living room. They were on 3 -3way wall switches, and also had a separate wall switch for the ceiling fans. I goofed on the install and ceiling fans were not working properly. I corrected the common wiring and all is good. Later Friday we decided to swap the newly installed top of the stairs light fixture with the one at the bottom of the stairs because the ceiling was higher downstairs. Also, move the wall sconce from near the garage door entry to the foyer and ordered another one because we needed two in the foyer .

So back to the Master bedroom fan. This thing is an expensive fan, but it came in a thousand pieces. It took me at least an hour to put this thing up. I bought this specific fan because of the look we wanted and because it came with a remote. (I thought it would be nice to be able to lay in bed and turn on/off the light and fan.) After I get the fan installed with the remote reciever wired into the power I look for the remote control. The only thing I find is what they call a wall switch remote. It is just a wall switch with different buttons for the light and fan. WTF ! WHAT GOOD IS THAT ! Basically the only benefit it offers is the ability to change the speed of the fan. Wooptie F'ing Doo ! So now I have three choices, use the crappy useless wall remote, go and spend $40 more dollars to find a real remote control that works with Hampton Bay fans, or take this POS back and get another fan with a real remote control. The only thing that is keeping me from doing that is the time that I invested into putting this POS up. Taking it back may be my option I will take, I just gotta find the reciept. I still have some more work to do at the "Ranch", including putting up a new kitchen and formal dining room light fixture, and replacing mulitple wall switches from the old style switch to the newer Leviton style switches.


OLD _________NEW





Oh, Yeah after several weeks of torturous shopping(see WHY!! post), we have finally found a new sofa and love seat. We have looked at Macys, Rooms to Go, Dillards, Haverty's, Lack's, and about 3 other privately owned furniture places! We found a nice leather set for a great price at a store that we were actually looking at refrigerators at. The owner (wife) cut us a great deal on the price after about a hour of trying to make a decision. At that point I would have gone with a couple of crates to sit on and a wire spool for a coffee table. This is crazy! Men and women are SOOOO different. Men find something we like, we possibly check one or two other places to compare prices, if we can't find anything better we buy it. Done ! I just can't understand the female mind. I am as about as "Metro" as you can get without being gay, but I don't like to waste my time just looking and looking and looking. Also hanging onto a dislike when that dislike is the trend that is on EVERYTHING that I find. I was getting to the point of possible trying to become a alcoholic just to deal with all of it !


All in all the house is looking good. But we decided recently that we will probably sell soon. I will blog about that one later. (teaser) :-)


Laters Taters !


R.


By the way, Hampton Bay is made by those retards at THD. No wonder it's a piece of $h!t.

3 comments:

MerrittTimes said...

We need pictures of all the lights and fans. The only house pics I have seen are before you moved and Devin - where is he? We need some pics.

Roland said...

Will do. I will take some pics when the new furniture has been delivered. I will post some Pics of Devin tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

I think someone has too much time on your hands.....just my .02 cents.....Mailman