Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Just My Opinion on Society Today

This is just one of those things that bother me about today's society. Ladies give me a little slack here, and read the whole thing.

I think women should stay home with the kids and be a wife and mother! I think that is what is wrong with society today. I am not being a male chauvinist, please hear me out. But, I think that IF the woman stayed home and raised the kids instead of day cares, our kids would turn out a little better. Now this will only work, if both parents are not whacked out. The mom would need to be a good mother and wife, and vice-versa for the father. But MOST importantly the father will have to be a good MAN. Not mistreating his wife, not sleeping around, not waisting the household income, etc. I think both parents working outside of the home has really screwed up the family dynamic. With today's jobs, both parents are getting home tired and not having the energy to dedicate time to all the things that need it.

Maybe I have this opinion because my mom did not work outside of the home. But the thing is, is that today's economy almost requires both parents to work, to be able to survive. I hate that !

Maybe I am looking for that Norman Rockwell, Utopian family environment that will never exist again. But I am not looking for June Cleaver to meet me at the door when I get home from work with the sweater set and pearls either. (Although that would be sexy/freaky as hell) I would just like my wife to be able to raise the kids, take care of the home, and I be the income provider, and we live a comfortable life. That is very very rare today, without the husband having to either work 2 jobs or working on a overworked, high stress, high pressure job. (That usually doesn't work out either because he is always at work, and brings the stress home and that effects the marriage)

I guess I just like the 50's (without all of the racism and stuff) :-)

I hope I didn't offend anyone. Just an opinion. I don't think that women are less than men. I just think they are better at parenting and taking care of the home than men (in most marriages). I know from experience that being a stay at home mom/dad is HARD work. Much harder than working most jobs. It takes alot of organization, patience, and a strong will to not have much social interaction with other adults during the work week.

Well, I gotta go. It is almost 5:00 on July3rd and I am ready to enjoy my day off.
Be safe everybody.

XOXO
R.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Rolie - I could've left this comment myself. I couldn't agree more. It's not b/c your mom stayed at home either..my mom worked outside the home. I'd love to go back to the good old days.

Carrie