Episode: New kitchen sink.
I received a call from the wife stating that the sink was leaking alot of water. Later on she informed me that the water was coming from the garbage disposal. We had planned to have the sink replaced anyway but it wasn't on the immediate radar. She had purchased a new faucet months ago, and a stainless steel sink. The existing sink was stainless, but I thought we should go with a dark colored sink because all of the appliances are black and we have a stainless backsplash and the dark sink would look better. So we go the local Lowes and Home Depot and find a new sink. (looks like a faux black granite)
Sunday I sit down and install the new faucet onto the new sink before the sink is installed because it is MUCH easier to do it that way. Installs easy as pie. I remove the existing sink and garbage disposal. Oh yeah, I almost electrocute myself when I was disconnecting the power cable from the old disposal because I thought we had the power turned off at the switch but it was still on. Glad we caught that, or I could have been fried. I install the new sink without any issues other than it is much deeper than the original sink and the drain holes are in different locations than before which caused the existing drain pipes not to line up with the sink holes. I was going to correct this on Monday, but it was easier and faster to hire a plumber to fix this minor problem, considering I had multiple other tasks to complete before family arrives on Thursday.
I will post pics soon.
This is Tyrone Villa, signing off....
Until next time... measure twice...cut once.

No comments:
Post a Comment