Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Encouragement

Everybody needs some encouragement in their life at some time or another. These are some of my favorite quotes.

Flatter me, and I may not believe you. Criticize me, and I may not like you. Ignore me, and I may not forgive you. Encourage me, and I will not forget you. Love me and I may be forced to love you.
.
Only as high as I reach can I grow, only as far as I seek can I go, only as deep as I look can I see, only as much as I dream can I be.

.
Trust yourself. You know more than you think you do.

.
You need to be aware of what others are doing, applaud their efforts, acknowledge their successes, and encourage them in their pursuits. When we all help one another, everybody wins.

.
A word of encouragement during a failure is worth more than an hour of praise after success
.

Remember, man does not live on bread alone: sometimes he needs a little buttering up.
.
Praise is like sunlight to the human spirit: we cannot flower and grow without it.
.

A happy life consists not in the absence, but in the mastery of hardships
.
In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.

.
When you come to the edge of all the light you know, and are about to step off into the darkness of the unknown, faith is knowing one of two things will happen: There will be something solid to stand on, or you will be taught how to fly.

.
When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us.

No comments: