Thursday, November 6, 2008

I never thought....

Today is one of the best day's of my life. Last night Barack Obama was elected to be President of the United States of America. I never thought I would see this happen in my lifetime.
This a huge accomplishment in the eyes of African Americans. Some people believe that prejudice no longer exist in America, but those people should ask a minority, especially a African American male how they experience life in America.
  • How they are passed over for promotions on their jobs.
  • How it is very, very rare to see a African American male in a management, VP or CEO position. (think about it, when was the last time you worked at a place that had a African American male in management)
  • How they get pulled over by the police for no reason, especially if they drive a nice car.
  • How they get followed around in department stores by loss prevention.
  • How they always seem to be seated in the back corner of a restaurant, and walk past empty tables.
  • How when some thug gets arrested and when it's reported on the news they some how always have to include that he was black or Hispanic, but if he was white it is never said.

This is the America we live in today. Although America is one of the best countries on the planet, we still have our issues. This election shows proof that we are making progress. This will give young black men the hope that they too can possibly be president. Before yesterday, all we saw were 43 other Anglo Saxon males, and deep down knew that the possibility of a African American male becoming president was not achievable.

It's a New Day !

America needed a change from the 'Bushism' that we have suffered thru the last 8 years, and we wanted someone to represent our country as Strong and Positive country, not a opportunistic, oil mongering, covert terrorist country. We need to change our image, and I believe this is a good first step.


I believe that Barack will keep his word on what he plans to do in his presidency, if he is not side tracked by some Bi-Partisan bullshit (A La - Monica Lewinsky).

I am proud of America for believing that a African American man should be our president, and can make a CHANGE for the better in our country and internationally.

Peace Out !
R.


P.S. I would like to express my condolences to my republican friends for their loss in the election. Maybe McCain may be still alive in 2012. :-) I think I may know who he may pick for his running mate next time....

McCain - Gump 2012














No comments: