In preparation for replacing our existing ceramic tile floors with wood floors I had the "opportunity" to take up the existing tile from the front door (foyer), strip between formal dineing and living, and down a hallway to the garage. [Fun] Friday night I was able to bust up about 80% of the tile, and I finished that up Saturday morning. Then I had to get up all of the thinset from off of the foundation. [Fun 2.0 !] This was back breaking. The tool I rented requires you to bend over to get the right amount of pressure and angle on the thin set to get it up. This took about 6 1/2 hours. Talk about being sore! My back and ass muscles where acheing for 2 days. Anywho...I got it done, and the flooring guys are coming out to install the new floors next week. This is the second to last DIY project to be done around the house. The last will be replacing countertops upstairs with granite, and I will be offically retired. Retirement party invites will be sent out soon after that project is completed ! :-)
This is Tyrone Villa, signing off....Until next time... measure twice...cut once.
No comments:
Post a Comment